About Me

My photo
I'm a geek girl who likes to listen to music, go to the movies, play video games and Mmorpg. I A-DO-RE cats and feline, to role play, to sing, write and draw. I often refer to myself as a crazy person, in a good way :P

Sep 30, 2010

Unlucky ? I dare say so :P

Rant time, you will have been warned not to read further, except if you like sarcasm and bad humour!

Why is it that I often find myself in doomed situation, where nothing can be done – except maybe watching patiently – until the situation has resolved itself? Maybe I am disrupting the normal flow of life or it's just a case of bad Karma – I don't believe in either. Maybe I should start to. I think of things– bad things – that can happen to me, and when I am late or miss my bus, they don't seem as worse as being pushed in front of the metro coming.

Still I have such timing that I really ought to keep my extra precautions. Here's a normal day for me: lets take for example... I dunno, maybe TODAY :P

I have a job meeting at 6, otherwise I am free for the day. I leave at least 10 minutes early so I'm sure that I will still be on time if the STM metro or bus collapse in front of me. As I enter the metro station, I see my metro there, without enough time to run inside it. I tell myself it is no big deal, we're on rush hour, next one is going to be in 3 to 5 minutes. Then as I walk down the stairs I notice it should have closed his doors and gone, when it finally does. I pay, then proceed down to wait for the next one as a chirping sound makes its way through my earplug playing music.

Damn it

“A disturbance causes a retardation in our services on the green line towards Angrignon. More information will follow” “Oh hey you suicidal maniac, I hate you”, that's what I thought.

Well, I still should be on time so why not enjoy the music while reading my Star Trek novel. When I finally arrive to Berri-UQAM, I climb the moving stairs quickly just to find the metro closing its doors and leaving. Oh so déjà-vu. I then place myself near the doors' place so I might have a chance to sit and read, or at least put my back to the wall somewhere.

The orange line's trains offer more space to do that. Wishful thinking on my part as I forgot the time and people. 5h20 is rush hour. And the people just magically get in front of you as soon as the train comes. Oh yeah, stuck with my hand on the opening door, and its so crowded I have to pick up my bag and get out at each station to let people out. Hello suckers, that's why I wanted to be in the BACK – was what I thought – those 8 station are going to be long.

I finally managed to get to work on time for the meeting thank you very much express bus 460 every “less than five minutes” from 5h30 to 6h :) Then I hoped it wouldn't be too long for I promised my best friend I would be at her place to watch a movie, and she goes to bed quite earlier than I do. Counting I had a whole hour of travel to do before getting there, I had to leave with the 460 again, the last one being at 8. Fortunately again it finished around 7 so I was able to take the bus at 7h10 and be there at 8h15. Which was what happened.

Once there, I was supposed to have my box – wrongly sent to the hostess of a Tupperware without Tupperware evening two weeks ago – waiting for me there. It contains a safe where I wanted to put my stuff in, like the money I'm saving for my new computer, condoms, lube and other personal stuff, before the exterminator comes on Friday. Yeah, we got bed bugs at home, its been two months now. Understandable that I don't want him to go through my personal stuff too much, just in case. But the friend that was supposed to bring it to my best friend, did not do it. I though of giving her a slap on the wrist but its her birthday today so I won't :P Plus she is one reader that comment here so she's all excused.

Her post about the package : http://www.fiorentinoconcept.com/blog/2010/09/27/pick-up-time/

But all of this is to be expected to happen to me at least once – if not twice – a week. Then the ride home was the cherry on top. I changed wallet at home and forgot to put my new coupon for points in the Metro (grocery store this time). Marie-Eve offered my her copy of her coupon, because the grocery store was just beside the metro/bus station where I had to go to get back home. I wanted to do some last minute shopping – it closes at midnight everyday – and I left Marie's home five minutes past eleven. When I arrived at the grocery store, and verified the open hours just to be sure, it was 11h12 already. On my way I surmised that I would take roughly 25 minutes to finish my purchase – I love to do the grocery – and that I would be able to take the bus at 11h44. Then I saw the piece of paper printed and taped to the windows.
“Exceptionally we will close at 11h pm on Wednesday September 29th, we're sorry for the inconvenience, Metro.”

“What the hell” is what I thought.

I knew it. Then I started to walk fast towards the Sherbrooke street, I could maybe catch the bus at 11h14, wishful thinking again. I was between two bus stops though, and I also had to cross the street. In my ear there was a song playing – from the group Two Steps From Hell – that reminded me of epic quests and movie OST like Indiana Jones. The group does soundtrack for movie trailer, so it was not that surprising to find a song remotely close to that type of movie. In fact, they really do have epic songs and everyone should dig them up on YouTube and such. Back to our bus problem, because yeah, it had to be right there, at the other light, waiting to just pass in front of me.

I started to run toward the next stop, wishing for the light to turn yellow so it would allow me to cross the street and take the bus. At first I almost started crossing the street right there, in the middle of nowhere, and my little voice warned me that in the dark, on a passing street like Sherbrooke – that should probably be called boulevard instead of street – it was the best way of getting myself killed.

Sometimes I listen to my instinct, because it doesn't always feel right, but right then you bet it felt like the good thing to do!

So I was there, running like my life depended on it, listening to music telling me I was victorious from everything, when the light changed to a blinking green to allow an easier left turn for the cars. The bus continued on its journey as I came to a stop and did a 180° to walk to the metro station “Langelier”, still listening to the now more ironic music. "Of course the fucking light had to rightfully turn to yellow just AFTER the bus crossed the street.

Walking down the stairs to the metro station, I was not surprised to see that I just missed the train, again. If I count the times I have taken the bus or the metro today, shit happenend 4 times out of 6. That's two out of three ARE bad in my case! That's when I got the urge to blog about this. Frankly, I believe my roommate when she says she has never experienced more transport shit than when she is with me! And I'm pretty sure I could put that rule to the test for jobs or partner :P

Hope this made your day better, or at least laughed. That's the purpose of random shit happening to others. I know I laugh now that I am safe and home!
kisses
Kitty

3 comments:

  1. Sorry >.< It was a crazy week. but don't worry you will have your parcel on Saturday :P

    And you know what, you should start working on being in peace with that bad luck. Because your life will be very long and unhappy if you don't. And believe me, there is so many beautiful things to make us smile that we should let bad stuff affect us. :D

    I believe there is more often a reason why things happen the way they do. And sometimes, I think that means we have a role to play to change those things. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh.. I almost feel bad about my ever so present luck o.o Not that shit never happens to me lol. But when it does happen, it always have a crescendo effect. They come one after the other. Of course, my bad temper adds a little spice on top, just to make sure I start dramatizing the situation and infuriate me to a level that's not permited.

    I try to not do that though lol recently, I haven't come across a situation like that. >.<

    I hope your week will be filled with good luck ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, it's been more than a month without updates... The Internet hivemind wants moar! XD

    ReplyDelete